The Elephone U Pro is an improved version of the Elephone U. The main difference is the CPU which is a performant Snapdragon 660 Chipset. This phone comes with a lot of features but I’d rather prefer an alternative considering that this phone comes with obvious lacks considering the price.
Hello, today I am so excited to review the Elephone U Pro. My brother sold me his gaming rig (yeah I know, we sell stuff between each other…) and it’s more powerful than the previous computer that I had. Anyways, this gave me a lot of excitement and motivation so let’s jump right in!
Good Reasons To Buy The Elephone U Pro
1. The first thing that I like about it is the screen, it is a Full HD+ 5.99-inch screen with a resolution of 2160 x 1080. Indeed, it comes with the Gorilla Corning Glass Protection 5. For the screen, it is the same as the normal version, the Elephone U (remember we’re reviewing the Pro version).
2. The processor is the main difference between the Pro version and the normal version. This one comes with a Snapdragon 660 Octa Core 2.2GHz. It will kick-ass when it comes to multi-tasking and heavy applications.
3. The RAM is 6GB and the Internal Memory is 128GB, the Elephone U Pro couldn’t be more perfect, it is far enough for users like me (and believe me, I download and use content a LOT). 3D Gaming and HD Videos are not going to cause any slowness or lags. You can easily switch between applications with these high performances specs.
Internal Memory is also expandable using an SD-Card but I highly doubt you need more space after trying the 128GB version.
4. The GPU is as expected an Adreno 512. It is suitable for 3D Gaming so if you play a lot, this will handle your games.
5. The U Pro has three cameras. Two on the back (13MP + 13MP) and one on the front (8MP). The quality is satisfactory in good lighting, you’re going to take breathtaking photos but not anyway better than the Samsung Galaxy S8 or the OnePlus 5T.
6. The battery capacity is 3550mAH. This phone can last through the day easily. And yeah, it supports quick charging, it will go from 0% to 100% in 1h 35mins. Wireless charging is also supported on this model.
7 It comes with Android Oreo 8.0, it’s the latest Android distribution.
8. It has Bluetooth 5.0 and this is awesome as it is the latest numbered version of Bluetooth.
9. It comes with sensors such as Gravity Sensor, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyroscope, E-Compass, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor.
10. The Elephone U Pro comes with Face Unlock and NFC.
Things I Didn’t Like About The Elephone U Pro (Cons)
1. The Fingerprint Scanner is on the back of the phone, I think Elephone could have done better considering the price of the phone. I was really disappointed that it wasn’t placed on the display.
2. Some Network Bands are not supported by this phone, be sure that your Network is supported before buying it.
3. In low lighting, the cameras produce awful shots. If you’re willing to take snaps or shots in low lighting, this phone is not for you.
4. It has a curved screen but I think that this is considered as a weakness because it makes it more open to cracks if you let it fall. You must buy a protective case which may be difficult to find.
My Verdict On The Elephone U Pro Review
This phablet comes with a lot of features that surely attracts many customers into buying at its price tag. Personally, I would prefer an alternative so if you want a better alternative click below.
Back to RevDroid.