The LG V30 was released in August 2017. Two years later, it’s still kicking hard.
So I’ve bought a used one three weeks ago for around $200. I was really surprised by the features and the performance of the phone.
Advantages and Pros of the LG V30
1. The V30 has a display of around 6 inches and the screen is a little bit edged on the sides. The resolution is 1440 x 2880 pixels (QHD) along with a pixel density of 537 PPI (Pixels Per Inch).
The resolution can be lowered to save battery life and it’s an option that I really like.
4. Powered by a Snapdragon 835 Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo), the V30 is not ready to surrender to
5. The graphic processor is an Adreno 540. I play Call Of Duty Mobile on high settings and it goes really well for me. I’ve also tried other games such as Football Strike and Pool Stars, all went great!
6. It has 64 GB storage and 4 GB RAM. There’s also a 128 GB version which is called LG V30+ (Plus). It can support an SD-Card of up to 1 TB but I didn’t use any on mine as I’ve found the 50 GB available space to be more than enough.
7. The cameras are satisfying, it comes with two cameras on the back 16 MP + 13 MP that have great modes (slow motion, cinema mode, manual..).
8. On the front, there is a 5 MP camera that I didn’t really like. It’s bad but I don’t really care about that one.
9. This phone comes with Hi-Fi Quad DAC that you can activate when using wired headphones and it gives a good quality of sound. It also has an option to activate DTS:X 3D Surround and I’ve found those useful. Really good quality especially when using wired headphones.
10. I’ve been using the last version of Stock Android Pie and I really like it. I have the Korean version of the phone so I can’t delete some applications and remove the Korean time but I found that all the features work really well.
11. I also liked the video screen capturing integrated, I made a couple of Call Of Duty Mobile videos in high quality and the FPS didn’t drop that bad. It was noticeable in the video but I felt nothing during the gameplay!
12. It has the basic sensors which are an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyro, proximity sensor, compass, barometer and a fingerprint scanner located on the back of the phone below the cameras.
I found the fingerprint scanner fast to recognize my fingerprint as it took around a second between putting my finger and unlocking the phone. Satistfying.
13. The battery is 3,300mAh. I think it’s more than okay for a Snapdragon 835. I’ve both my phone as a used one and I was really surprised that it’s still kicking well. It takes around 4 to 5 minutes to drop 1% while Wifi and screen are on. Which is great compared to other phones I’ve owned (Galaxy S5, Oppo F1, Xperia Z).
10. It has fast charge 18W ( Quick Charge 3.0 ) and can also support wireless charging (10W, much slower but still a good feature).
14. Now the last thing is the body, the LG V30 has glass on both the front and the back. They’re both protected by Gorilla Corning Glass Protection 5 but I suggest adding a layer of protective screen and a protective case just like I did.
15. The frame is made of aluminium, it’s great for durability but it can lose the paint and form scratches if you don’t protect it using a protective case!
16. Finally the last thing that I like is that this phone is IP68 certified which means it’s dust and waterproof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins). It’s also military certified for durability.