The Xiaomi Notebook Air Review
Currently, the Xiaomi Notebook Air is having a great success. It’s absolutely normal that an ultrabook at that price is scaring competitors so what is it worth at usage?
Chinese products are kind of scary even if the fear is justified or not but when it comes to a laptop, we ask more deeply if it’s worth it? Does it come with a warranty if an issue arises? Are components of low quality and short life?
Despite all of this, brands like Xiaomi took the step and offered many models these last years. The argument and selling point of Xiaomi is without a doubt…the price! Let’s jump to my Xiaomi Notebook Air Review now.
Good Reasons To Buy The Xiaomi Notebook Air (Pros And Advantages):
1. The first good thing about it that every user notices is the display. It’s a Full HD IPS Screen (1920 x 1080 pixels). It has good colors to the eye and the Windows 10 handles it very well.
2. The processor in an Intel Core i5-7200U Dual core at a frequency of 2,5 GHz (it can be boosted to 3.1 GHz), it’s performant and provides the maximum high-efficiency power.
3. The RAM is 8GB which is enough to let you run intensive applications and use the computer with smoothness and without lags when you handle files and data.
4. The graphic card is an NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB GDDR5. It can run some latest games smoothly (60 FPS on Overwatch at 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution with some drops when in action such fight or shooting). It’s not specifically made for gaming but it can help you play your favorite games. The graphic card also has an HDMI output so you can connect the Notebook and show its screen on your TV, display or projector.
5. The internet storage is 256GB BUT it’s a PCIe SSD and not a hard drive. It means it’s 15 times faster than a hard drive and 3 times faster than general SSD.
6. It has 2.4GHz / 5GHz Dual WiFi for High Download Speed it means that download speed can reach up to 867Mbps. That is a good plus for this Notebook.
7. Another good thing about this Notebook is that it comes with Fast Charging, it ensures that 50 percent of the battery is charged in 30 minutes.
8. For connectivity, it comes with Bluetooth 4.1, Wireless and LAN.
9. Easy connectivity with Xiaomi smartphones. So if you have one, you can grab this Notebook!
10. Last good thing about it, this Notebook supports fingerprint recognition.
Reasons Not To Buy Xiaomi Notebook Air (Cons And Issues):
1. The first bad thing about it is that if you put it on a table, it can heat up (as most Notebook and laptops) so check it if you play video games.
2. You must re-install Windows 10 on your own as the one it comes with is in Chinese.
3. The power plug it comes with is the thing that some clients weren’t satisfied with.
4. The battery doesn’t last long.
My Verdict: Despite the cons it has, this Notebook is still good for a user that doesn’t travel a lot or has where to charge it. For work, it’s a very very good Notebook.
That’s it, it’s the end of my Xiaomi Notebook Air Review, tell me what you think in the comments!